2022 Tennessee Police Memorial ceremony held in Nashville
The 21st Annual Tennessee Police Memorial ceremony was held on the Tennessee Legislative Plaza in Nashville on May 10 to honor 19 fallen officers from across the state.
Hosted by the Tennessee Fraternal Order of Police and Concerned Police Survivors (COPS), the annual ceremony brings together state officials, statewide law enforcement agencies, families, and the public to honor law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
Names of fallen officers are also annually added to the Tennessee Police Memorial located on the site along with the state’s War Memorial Plaza. The event is part of National Police Week, which was held from May 11-16 this year.
Officers honored during this year’s ceremony included:
- Darrell Adams, Memphis Police Department
- Willie Lois Dortch, Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- Teresa Fuller, Wilson County Sheriff’s Office,
- Michael Garbo, Nashville DEA
- Kenny Gibbons, Dyer County Sheriff’s Office
- Joshua Hayes, Gibson County Sheriff’s Office
- Michael Hill, Memphis Police Department
- Toby Keiser, Knox County Sheriff’s Office
- Danny Laughner Jr., Chattanooga DHS
- Ray McCrary Jr., Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- David Miller, Clarksville Police Department
- Roger Mitchell, Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office
- Edgar Morris III, Collierville Police Department
- Vassar Richmond, Bartlett Police Department
- Jimmie Shindler, Memphis Police Department
- Derek Sidwell, Overton County Sheriff’s Department